This website is operated by Taylor Macpherson. Taylor Macpherson is the trading name for sole trader Pamela Taylor. Taylor Macpherson provides executive and leadership coaching and training.
To provide you with coaching and training services, we collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. We take our responsibilities very seriously and keeping this information safe and secure is a top priority of ours and are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation.
We only ask for the minimum amount of personal information we need to provide coaching and training services, for you contact us for any reason, or browse our website.
If you wish to contact us about training and coaching services, we need your:
– name, so we know how to refer to you
– email address, so we can contact you, and your mobile phone number as a backup in case anything goes wrong with your email/password
If you contract with us for training and coaching services, we may also use:
– information from a completed client questionnaire
– information on performance/psychometric testing or personal profiling, and
– notes from coaching sessions or development sessions
This information is used to:
– provide you the coaching or training that you requested
– organise sessions and bill your company paying for these services
– make your use of our web site and service as efficient as possible
– notify you of any changes to our website, our terms or to our services that may affect you
– improve our services
– keep coaching logs of coaching hours, required by the professional body for our accreditation as coaches
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what the personal information is and what we are doing with it.
Some of the relevant legal bases we may rely on include:
– Consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
– Contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
– Legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
– Legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
From a data protection perspective, we rely on having a contract with you and that what we do with your data is necessary for our legitimate interests to be able to provide you with our service. In the unlikely event we are ever compelled to use your information to comply with the law (like an investigation and court order, for example) we will rely on the legal obligation on us at the point.
We may send you information about Taylor Macpherson’s services that you may find useful. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by email, telephone, text message (SMS) or call (automated or otherwise). We will only send you relevant marketing messages if you tick the marketing boxes when you register. And don’t worry, if you get fed up with them you can unsubscribe at any time. You can read more about your rights under the new data protection laws (they were enacted to protect you) below.
We do not share or sell your data to anyone for any gain for ourselves. We do not analyse or monetise your data for any purpose. We only use your data to provide you with our service. The only people we share your data with are selected businesses – our accountants, PAs or associates, who help us run our business. All your data stays in the UK unless we request your permission to share it with a business outside the UK.
We may request to share your data with our coaching accreditation body but will only do so with your consent. Coaches receive ongoing professional supervision and may refer to you pseudonymously. The supervision relationship is itself a confidential relationship, bound by the same Data Protection Control.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. The new data protection laws were enacted to empower and protect you. In summary, those include rights to:
– being told what we collect and how, and the fair and transparent use of your information
– requiring us to correct any mistakes in the information we have about you
– the erasure of personal information about you providing it’s lawful for us to do that
– knowing the personal information about you which you have provided to us
– being able to opt out of direct marketing at any time
– objecting to decisions being taken about you, that are significant (legally or otherwise) by automated means
– objecting in certain situations to our continued use of your personal information
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
– contact us using the form on the web site
– tell us enough information so that we can identify you
– let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility bill), and
– let us know the information to which your request relates.
We only ask for the minimum amount of personal information we need to be able to provide you with our services. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. We remove identifying information from coaching notes and files. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We delete the personal data we hold which is linked directly to delivering our services, e.g. coaching/supervision notes, questionnaires, psychometric test results, development plans, feedback, invoicing etc. after a period of six years.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any relevant regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We really hope that if we’ve done something to upset or annoy you, that you’ll get in touch and we will be able to resolve any query or concern you have.
We’d love to hear from you, good or bad; we’re hoping for more good than bad, but we will listen and take the most helpful action we can no matter which. Please contact us using the link at the bottom left of our website.